Under Manage --> Data Export Reports, you have three reports you can download.
- User Activity Report: Get information at the user level (e.g. how many courses has each user enrolled in, learning time per user, etc). View your top learners across your company or by specific group.
- User Course Activity Report: Get information at the course level. Understand the courses individuals and groups are learning and sort by active users, minute per active user, and enrollments.
- User Progress Report: Get information at the lecture level. This is our most granular report and you'll see quiz results for example.
To download your report(s) you can follow the steps below:
1. Select the report type you wish to export by clicking on the applicable radio button.
2. Choose the users you want to include. You can select to view your data by all users or by users in groups.
3. Specify the timeframe and click on Generate Report. The current day and future dates cannot be selected.
*Note: Data generated will be dependent on the time you run a report. For example, if you generate a report on January 3rd, 2018 before 5 pm GMT, it will include data up to January 1st, 2018. If you generate a report on January 3rd, 2018 after 5 pm GMT, however, it will include data up to January 2nd, 2018.
Once your report has been generated and is ready to be exported, you will receive an email notifying you of this.
Please note: the hours recorded for a specific user in Course Activity and User Activity reports will not typically match, since they provide different metrics.
For example, a specific user starts taking a course which is 6 hours long. On Monday, they watch one hour of the course, and on Tuesday, they watch the same 1 hour again. In this case, the user spent 2 hours learning on Udemy for Business that week, and this would be reflected in the User Activity Report.
The report does not take into account, however, playback speed when calculating this number. If the user watched 2 hours of content in 1 hour, by viewing the content at 2x speed, the report would reflect they spent 2 hours viewing the course.
In the Course Activity Report, however, it would report the user viewed 1 hour of a 6 hour-long course, since they watched the same hour of the course on Monday and Tuesday.
Minutes Video Consumed Column (User Activity and User Course Activity Reports)
The Minutes Video Consumed column only includes time that users spent watching video lectures, and not time they spent reviewing lectures that do not include videos. Lectures that do not include videos, however, still count towards course completion. For example, a User Activity Report could indicate that a user has completed four lectures, but there is no time recorded in the Minutes Video Consumed column, if those four lectures were not video lectures.
Final Results for Quizzes in User Progress Reports
The Final Result column (column M) of User Progress Reports includes the last score a user recorded in the quiz. For example, if a user receives 80% on their first try, and then receives 90% on their second and final attempt, 90% will be posted in the column. Please note that there is no limit to how many times a user can retake a quiz.
User Groups Column
Data Export Reports feature a User Groups column which display all groups that a user is part of. Admins and Group Admins are able to easily see group membership details when exporting user reports, including 'all users' within a group. Groups are not present in the Reporting API, but customers can use our User API to get group data. In addition, when exporting reports, the list of groups is scrollable for easier selection.
First Date Complete Column
Course Activity Reports feature a First Date Completed column, which records the date the course was first completed by the learner. As a result, if the instructor adds new lectures or content, the date and time stamp won't be lost. If the learner completes the extra content it will be recorded as "Date Completed". The column is present in both the csv and the Reporting API.
Deleting a Report
If you wish to delete a report you have previously generated, you can do so by following these steps:
- Scroll down the Export Data Reports page to Recent Reports
- Click on the trashcan icon beside the report you wish to delete
- Confirm you wish to delete the report