Adding a multiple choice quiz to your course allows users to assess themselves as they learn course material. You can add a quiz to the course curriculum directly and it will appear in the course outline, where potential users can view your course.
Creating a Quiz
- From Instructor Dashboard go to the course roadmap.
- On the left-hand side of the page, under Course Content, click Curriculum
- Scroll to the bottom of the curriculum and click Add Quiz
- Name the quiz and add a description and click Add Quiz again
After creating a new quiz, it’s time to add multiple choice questions.
- Click Add Questions and select Multiple Choice
- Write the question you want to ask. You can even add an image.
- Enter choices. You can add up to 15 choices.
- Indicate the correct answer by pressing the bubble next to one of the multiple choices
- Recommended: Add further explanations to your answers.
To further help users, you can link a quiz to a specific lecture. With a related lecture, a user can return to a previous lecture and review material. Add a related lecture by clicking the dropdown menu under Related Lecture. The related lecture will only appear after a user has submitted their answer.
Editing a Quiz
Quizzes can be edited at any time.
- Hover your mouse over a question. An icon will appear:
- Edit - Clicking the pencil will allow you to modify quiz questions.
- Delete - The trashcan will permanently erase a quiz question.
- Move - The three lines will allow you to drag and drop questions.
Previewing and Publishing Your Quiz
When you're finished writing the quiz, click Publish to add it to your course. You can also preview the quiz as a user. You will not be able to submit responses, but you can see what the quiz will look like visually when users are taking the course.