Whether you're adding lectures to your course using the web uploader or Bulk File Uploader, problems can occur during the uploading or processing phase. Before trying anything else, make sure that the file name does not contain any special characters or symbols. Try removing spaces and underscores. Video files should be at least 720p and less than 4.0 GB.
Troubleshooting Video Uploading
While the bar is being filled, the file is being uploaded.
Most uploading issues are caused by a poor internet connection. If you experience issues while the video is being uploaded it is likely caused by one of the following:
- Internet speed
- Bandwidth limit has been reached
- You are connected to the internet through a VPN and your connection provider has blocked uploads
In each case, try uploading the video from a different internet connection.
If you are receiving one of the following messages:
- “System couldn’t initiate their upload”
- “Signature is not correct”
- “Problem initiating upload request”
- "Invalid according to Policy: Policy expired"
The issue is caused by a problem with Udemy. These issues can be resolved by deleting the lecture and uploading the file again from a different browser like Google Chrome. You can also try uploading your file using the Bulk File Uploader.
If you are still having trouble, please contact Udemy Support and include:
- Lecture file
- Operating system you're using
- Internet connection speed