A mashup lecture displays a video and PDF document side-by-side so users can easily follow your lecture notes while they watch a video.
Adding a Mashup Lecture to the Course Curriculum
- From the My Courses page, select your course.
- On the left hand side of the page, click Curriculum
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click Add Lecture
- Name the lecture and click Add Lecture again.
- Click Add Content
- Select Video & slide mashup
Upload Lecture Content
After adding the mashup to the curriculum, it's time to add content. Mashups are created with a video file and a PDF document. File uploads are limited to 1.0 GB.
Once the files are uploaded, they will begin processing. Depending on your internet connection speed, the files should take about 5 minutes to process.
- Add a video and PDF to the lecture by clicking upload video and upload PDF file (please note: currently files can only be added to mashup lectures via the browser uploader, and not the bulk file uploader)
- When both files finish uploading, you can preview the video and PDF.
- Click use this video and use this presentation when you're ready to continue.
Synchronizing Using the Text Editor
Once you have uploaded your video and PDF slide, you can synchronize the mashup lecture with the Text Editor. Add the slide and time in the format of slide (number), time (in seconds). For example 1,0 means that the first slide in the presentation will appear when the video starts. Another example, 6,420 means that the sixth slide in the presentation will appear after 8 minutes (420 seconds) after the video has started.
When you're finished synchronizing the slides with the video, click Continue & Preview. If you're satisfied with how everything looks, click Save & Continue. When you're ready to have the lecture appear in your course, click Publish.