Rating your experience in a course is an easy way to give instructors feedback on how to improve and to help other users select the right course. You can leave a review at any time after starting the course. After leaving a review, you will always have the ability to edit or delete it.
How to Leave a Review
There are three places you can go to leave a review:
- From the course cards on your My Courses page
- From the course dashboard by clicking on the course’s star ratings
- With the in-course prompt: while viewing the course you will be prompted to leave a review three times (beginning, middle, and end). If you do not wish to leave a review when you’re prompted, you can click on Ask Me Later.
What to Include in Your Review
Whether you decide to leave a review after you’ve been prompted, or you initiate the review yourself, the process is the same.
- Click on the stars to leave a rating (half-stars are supported)
- Leave a detailed review explaining your experiences
- Provide additional feedback by answering the questions regarding the course’s attributes
- Click Publish
Edit or Delete a Review
You can change your course review at any time from the course dashboard.
- Click the star rating in the upper right-hand corner of the course dashboard
- Make the desired changes
- Click Update Your Review
- If you would like to delete your review, click Delete Your Review
Your review will be visible to users who are unenrolled in the course. If you would like to see your review, as it appears to new users, log out of your Udemy account and search for the course in the marketplace.
Tips for Writing a Good Review
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when writing a review for a course:
Tell us why. In addition to leaving a star rating, please share your thoughts. Your opinion about the course is valuable to other learners, but when only a star rating is left, it’s difficult for other users to understand why you left the rating that you did.
Be specific. Specificity helps other learners determine if the course is right for them. Are there any areas of improvement? Did the course meet your expectations? What are your favorite parts of the course so far?
And Be Honest! Reviews are one of the most important features that people consider before enrolling in a course. However, reviews are only valuable if you’re honest about how you feel about the course. As long as you share your sentiment in a respectful manner, your feedback is valuable and helpful to our learning marketplace.