In this tutorial, we will configure G Suite (formerly known as Google Apps for Work).
Udemy for Business SAML Metadata for G Suite is linked here.
Locating Your SaasID
To configure G Suite you will need your SaasID. This value will be provided by Udemy and it is going to be the sub domain to access udemy, e.g. the yoursubdomain where Udemy For Business full address is yoursubdomain.udemy.com.
In addition to your SaasID, you will also need the following parameters to configure G Suite.
- ACS URL
- Start URL
Creating a New SAML Application in G Suite
The steps below outline how to create a new SAML application in G Suite.
- Log into G Suite for Work Admin Console.
- Navigate to Apps > SAML Apps.
- Click Add a service/App to your domain.
- Choose Setup My Own Custom App, and click Next.
- Enter the Application Name and Description, upload a logo if desired, and click Next.
- Enter the ACS URL and Entity ID fields with the information given above.
- Leave Start URL blank, unless required.
- The NameID will automatically be set to the Primary Email address so leave it at that. Click Next.
- If your application requires additional attributes, you can add them in this section. If not, click Finish.
- Click OK to complete the wizard.
- By default, new applications are OFF for all users. Click the menu icon and choose ON for Everyone.
Once the SAML application is created, you will need to configure attributes that are going to be sent in the SAML assertion.
Udemy for Business supports the following SAML attributes (all attributes are case sensitive).
the unique email of the user
the given name of the user
the middle name (if any) of the user
the family (or last) name of the user
the fully formatted name of the user
the list of groups to which the user belongs
A unique user ID specified by the customer
Finally, you will need to generate a metadata file for the newly created SAML application and enter it into your Udemy for Business account to create the SSO connection.
Access the Single Sign-On (SSO) tab of your Udemy for Business account. Click Start setup, choose your Identity Provider and on the configuration page choose the appropriate metadata configuration method. Then follow the instructions to create the SSO connection with your Identity Provider and Udemy for Business.
Please note: when adding a new SAML application in G Suite, it might take up to 24 hours for the process to be completed.