Manage who has access to your Udemy for Business account. See what courses users are taking, and better understand how people are learning on Udemy.
For Enterprise Plan accounts, the Insights features provide an even deeper view of user activity, and these comprehensive insights can also be viewed for groups of users as well.
Accessing User Management
To access user management please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Udemy for Business account
- Click Manage at the top right hand of the page, and then select Manage Users from the dropdown menu
Managing Access to Your Udemy for Business Account
To invite new users to your Udemy for Business account, click Invite New Users in the top right of the page.
- If you are inviting a handful of users, choose Individual email addresses
- To import users from your HR or Employee Directory system, choose Import Users from CSV. Find out more.
To view the Pending Invitations page, click Pending Invitations at the top left hand of the Manage Users screen.
On the Pending Invitations page, you can check who has not yet accepted their invite, and resend or cancel an invitation for an individual user by clicking the applicable icon. You can also resend pending invitations to all users at once by clicking Resend All at the top-right hand of page.
The name of the inviter will also appear in pending invitations, if they sent individual invitations or uploaded the user's email address in bulk through the CSV import. If you sent the invitation to the user it will read "Invited by me".
If you need to remove a user from your account, please follow the steps below:
1. Select Manage Users from the Manage dropdown menu at the top of the page
2. Locate the user by entering their name or email address in the Search box that’s located under All Users
3. To remove a user from your account, click the ellipses (or actions menu) to the right of the user’s name and select Deactivate User. You will be presented with further instructions and information on what it means to deactivate a user before confirming the deactivation.
Managing who can Administer Your Udemy for Business Account
Admins are users who can:
- Add and remove users from your account.
- Edit user roles.
- Access course and user insights (Enterprise Plan only).
- Create and manage groups (Enterprise Plan only).
How to Edit a User’s Role
If you wish to edit the role of a user, please follow the steps below:
- Locate the user by entering their name or email address in the filter tool that’s located under All Users
- Once you have located the user, click the ellipses on the right-hand side and then Edit Role
- Select the role you wish the user to have and then click Save Changes.
Please note: The group admin role is only available for Enterprise plan users.
How to Check Who is an Admin
You can check to see who has Admin access by selecting the Admins filter in the dropdown menu at the top of the Manage Users page.
You can also review who has Admin status via the user CSV report. You can export the user information report by clicking Export at the top right hand of the Manage User page.
Enterprise plan users can also assign a group admin role.
Viewing User Adoption
The User Adoption Dashboard helps you understand how many, and which users in your organization have logged in to your Udemy for Business account and started using it. Find out more.
See What Your Users are Learning
Admins can see what courses their account’s users have enrolled in by doing the following:
- Locate the user by entering their name or email address in the search tool that’s located under All Users
- Click the user’s name to see what courses they have enrolled in as well as their course progress
Creating Groups and Reviewing Insights for Your Teams and Departments (Enterprise Plan Users)
If you have many users in your account, creating groups of users that correspond with teams or departments in your company lets you see adoption, user activity and course insights for those groups.
Creating a New Group
To create a new group, click New Group in the left-hand side of the screen. Then, enter the name of the group and click Create Group.
The new group will appear on the left-hand side of the page, under Groups.
Editing or Deleting a Group
You can edit the name of an existing group by following the steps below:
- Click the group you wish to edit in the list of groups on the left
- Next, click the pencil icon at the top right hand of the page
- Enter the new name of the group and click Save Changes
If you need to delete a group, click the trash can icon that appears to the right of the editing icon. You will be asked to confirm that you wish to delete the group.
Please note that deleting a group is final and cannot be undone.
Adding, Inviting And Removing Users From Groups
Once you have created a group you can add existing users to it and invite new users to the group.
To add users to a group, click the name of the group and then type the name or email address of the users you want to add to the group.
When you are inviting new users to your account, you can also choose the groups they will be added to.
- On the left-hand side of the Manage Users page, click the group you wish to invite users to
- Click Invite New Users at the top right hand of the page
- Next, invite users individually by entering their email address, or add users to the group in bulk (e.g. from your Employee Directory system), by using the CSV import tool
To remove a user from a group follow the steps below:
- Click the ellipses icon on the right-hand side of their profile and then Edit Groups.
- Click the box to the left of the group(s) you wish to remove the user from (so that the check mark is removed)
- Next, click Save Changes
Viewing Insights for a Group (Enterprise Plan Only)
You can view user adoption, course insights and user activity reports for a specific group. After opening any insights dashboard, use the Group filter located at the top of the page to show data for a particular group.