This article outlines the features and functionality of the User Activity dashboard, which provides Admins a macro view of how active learners are in their Udemy for Business accounts.
Please note: this feature is only available with the Enterprise Plan.
What information and metrics are on the User Activity dashboard?
Some of the user activity metrics that are featured on this dashboard include total activity, average activity per user, average activity per active user, and active user base. In addition, the activity trend chart and the most active users are listed here. Admins can review activity metrics in visual format as well as export user activity and trends via reports.
What Exports are available on the User activity dashboard?
There are three options for Exports on the User activity dashboard:
- User activity report (active users) - This report includes activity data for all activated users who have been active in their account in the selected time frame. In order to be considered active, a user must enroll in a course, watch lectures, or complete an assignment or quiz. If a learner was active during the selected time frame and later deactivated, they will be included on the report.
- User activity report (all users) - This report includes activity data on all activated users in an account, including deactivated users and users who weren’t active in the selected time frame.
- User activity trend report - This report includes data on minutes watched by each user for each day in the selected time frame.
Learn more about the difference between activated and deactivated users in Admin reports.
Activity trend: How is the minutes spent calculated compared to Activity trend?
The Activity trend line is an approximation of the Minutes spent line where the spikes are smoothed out so that the general trend can be more easily visualized. This is done using a regression algorithm which calculates a moving average of the minutes spent to plot the Activity trend line.
- Data in this dashboard is updated regularly. Learn more about when data is updated.
- Review how deactivated users are reflected compared to active users.