Coding exercises are an interactive tool you can add to your programming courses, so your users can get practical coding experience. Users can enter code directly onto the page and can run the function without switching programs or screens. The exercises also provide hints for users when they’ve made an entry error, so they can correct the mistake and proceed with their coding.
To add a coding exercise to your course curriculum, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Curriculum page of your course.
2. On the side, hover your cursor over the grey space within a section, where you want the exercise to be placed. Click the + icon that appears and then Coding Exercise.
3. Enter the exercise’s title and then click Add Coding Exercise.
4. Move your cursor to the exercise title and click on the pencil icon that appears to choose the programming language the students will use.
5. Enter the exercise you would like students to solve. For detailed information on how to create exercises for each language, please click here.
6. Check the exercise’s solution by clicking on Check Solution at the bottom right hand of the page.
7. If the solution is correct, click Save at the top right hand of the page. You can also preview the coding exercise by clicking on Preview.