Creating groups of users is a way to segment your user base into specific groups for reporting purposes. For example, you could create groups to match certain departments in your company or organization (e.g., Marketing or Finance). If you’ve created groups in your account and are ready to add users to them, this article outlines how you can do so.
Adding users to a group
Once you’ve created groups in your account, you can assign users to them by following these steps:
1) Navigate to Manage at the top of the page, and select Manage Users
2) Locate the user by entering their name or email address into the search tool
Please note: you can also assign users with pending invitations to groups. You can access these users by clicking on Pending Invitations under Manage Users on the left hand side of the page.
3) Once you’ve located the user you wish to add to a group, click the ellipses on the right side of their profile icon. You can also access these options on the user’s profile page
4) Select Add to a Group
5) Select the group or groups that you wish to add the user to
6) Click Save Changes
Adding Users to Groups in Bulk via CSV Import
Users can also be added to groups via a CSV import. For steps on how to add users to your account and groups in bulk, please click here.
How to remove a user from a group
To remove a user from a group follow the steps below:
- Click the ellipses icon on the right-hand side of their profile and then Edit Groups
- Click the box to the left of the group(s) you wish to remove the user from (so that the checkmark is removed)
- Next, click Save Changes
For more information on managing users and groups in your account, please review our Navigating User Management article.