Group Admins help drive effective learning engagement across an organization. We believe the best learning happens when team managers or those closest to the learning goals of employees can help drive learning forward. The Group Admin feature enables team leads and managers to connect learners with the right course for their professional development. Group Admins can also see reporting and insights for their groups, assign courses within their groups, manage the users in their groups, and invite new users if they have the permissions to do so.
Please note that Group Admin functionality is only available in the Enterprise plan.
How do you make someone a Group Admin?
- Go to Manage › Manage Users
- Select the User you’d like to make a Group Admin
- Click the ellipses and then Edit Role
- Select Group Admin and click Allow User to Invite and Deactivate Users Within the Groups They Manage if you wish to grant them this permission
- Select the Groups the user will be a Group Admin for
- An email will automatically be sent notifying the user of their new role
If you need to edit or remove a user’s group admin privileges, you can do so by following the same steps outlined above. All actions involving adding and removing members from a group will be logged in a “Group Membership Log’, which is accessible and downloadable by Group Admins and Admins (see below for more details).
- Groups can have multiple Group Admins.
- Only Admins can designate users as Group Admins.
- Admins can create Group Admins in bulk via CSV upload.
- Admins can choose whether to allow Group Admins to invite and deactivate users in the groups they manage
- Admins can change a role when that status of an invitation is still pending
For more information on group admins and permissions that can be enabled for them, please click here.