Group Admins help drive effective learning engagement across an organization. We believe the best learning happens when team managers or those closest to the learning goals of your employees can help drive learning forward. Group Admin enables team leads and managers to connect learners with the right course for their professional development. Group Admins can also see reporting and insights for their groups, assign courses within their groups, manage the users in their groups and invite new users.
Please note that Group Admin functionality is only available in the Enterprise plan.
How do you make someone a Group Admin?
- Go to Manage › Manage Users
- Select the User you’d like to make a Group Admin
- Click the ellipses and then Edit Role
- Select Group Admin and select the Groups the user will be a Group Admin for
- An email will automatically be sent notifying the user of their new role
If you need to edit or remove a user’s group admin privileges, you can do so by following the same steps outlined above. All actions involving adding and removing members from a group will be logged in a “Group Membership Log’, which is accessible and downloadable by Group Admins and Admins (see below for more details).
- Groups can have multiple Group Admins.
- Only Admins can designate users as Group Admins.
- Admins can create Group Admins in bulk via CSV upload.
- Admins can also invite users directly as Group Admins
- Admins can change a role when that status of an invitation is still pending
Group Admin Permissions:
|Invite new users to join Udemy for Business||Yes||Yes|
|Approve, reject, publish custom courses||Yes||Yes|
|Make custom course categories||Yes||Yes|
|Designate other Group Admins||Yes||No|
|Assign courses to users||Yes||Yes|
|Assign courses to groups||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|Create new groups||Yes||No|
|Remove groups||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|Remove users||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|Resend or Cancel Pending Invitations||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|Edit Group Membership for Pending Invitations||Yes||Yes|
|Add and remove users from groups||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|Adding users via the CSV Import feature||Yes||No|
|See what courses members of their group are taking||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|View and download the Group Membership Log* see below for more information||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|View and run user adoption, user activity and course consumption reports||Yes||Yes: only for groups they manage|
|Edit account settings||Yes||No|
|Approve email domains||Yes||No|
Can Group Admins change their role from Group Admin back to just user?
No, you can not edit your own role. A Group Admin will need to reach out to an Admin to edit their role.
Who can access the Group Membership Log?
Admins can access the Group Membership log for all groups. Group Admins can only access the Group Membership Log for the groups that they are Group Admins for.
The Group Membership Log can be accessed by doing the following:
- From the Manage dropdown menu at the top, select Manage Users
- On the left hand side of the page, click on the group you wish to review
- Click on the ellipses that appears to the left of Invite New Users, and select Group Membership Log
What information does the Group Membership Log report on?
The log reports on:
- Date: Date action was completed
- Name: Name of employee that was added or removed
- Email: Email of employee that was added or removed
- Action: Action performed
- Group: Group that log is reporting on
By: The method in which the user was added/removed from the group - i.e. SSO data, CSV upload, name of Admin/Group Admin, etc.
Note: The Group Membership log includes data from March 23rd, 2018 onwards.