We believe that social learning is essential to building and maintaining a learning culture. Social sharing leverages the expertise and recommendations of colleagues - ones who are on the same team or share similar interests with your employees.
With our Slack integration, employees can easily share Udemy for Business courses to their Slack channels and to colleagues. Whether it’s a course that will help the team complete a project, or a course on an interesting topic, sharing courses via Slack encourages continuous learning within your organization.
Our goal is to help extend the influence of L&D teams and help them build a learning culture.
This integration is currently in beta, but will be available to all customers in the coming weeks.
How do I turn on "Share to Slack"?
Admins can turn on the Slack integration by following these steps:
1. Log in to your Udemy for Business account and open the Manage > Settings > Integration page.
2. Turn on the Share button for Slack.
Once turned on, employees will now see a Share to Slack icon on the course landing pages where they can share the course with people and channels:
How do I turn on the Udemybot?
Admins can also enable the Udemybot - an automated Slack message that summarizes the top 5 courses taken at your organization.
1. Log in to your Udemy for Business account and open the Manage › Settings > Integration page.
2. Click Install.
3. You will then be asked by Slack to authorize Udemy for Business.
Note: Depending on your company’s Slack settings, you may need to ask a Slack admin to approve Udemy for Business for use in your Slack workspace.
4. After authorizing, follow the instructions on the Integration page to configure the Udemybot to post to channels of your choosing.