Workspaces is a new feature that helps learners become more proficient by engaging in real world, hands-on activities designed by top instructors.
Currently, Workspaces is in beta and available to a limited number of users.
Workspaces is currently available in the following courses:
- Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2020 (Stephane Maarek)
- Ultimate AWS Certified Developer Associate 2020 - NEW! (Stephane Maarek)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Training 2020 (Neal Davis)
Users who have access to the Workspaces beta can follow the steps below:
- Click on the Workspaces tab in the course player. NOTE: The Workspaces tab is only available in the courses above.
- Click Launch to open the AWS Workspace. This will open the AWS Management Console in Amazon Web Services.
- In the AWS Management Console, you can practice your skills while following along the course.
- You can Pause or End instance in the course player. Share any comments or feedback by clicking Leave Feedback.
Workspace session timeouts: please note that Workspaces will time out after three hours. When this happens, there is a period where the Workspace will time out, or be put 'to sleep'. When this occurs you may see an error notification similar to below. If the Workspace times out, please pause and resume the Workspace.
Workspaces are provided for you to get hands-on learning while you take the course. Please note the following items when using Workspaces:
- Do not put any private company information (such as proprietary code) or any sensitive information (such as passwords) into the Workspaces.
- Workspaces have 3-hour sessions. At the end of a session, any running resources may be stopped, but you can resume your session, start up your resources, and continue working. Please note that any data recently entered may not be saved.
- Workspaces have a budget limit on available resources, therefore the Workspace may be terminated when the limit is reached.
- Workspaces will expire in approximately 4 weeks after launch. After that time, the Workspace may be terminated when the limit is reached.
- Workspaces allow you to access most of the functionality of a full AWS account. But some services are restricted (IE: IAM, larger instance types.) If you try to launch a restricted service, you will see a permissions error. If there is a service that you’d like to use please let us know here.
- We want you to use the Workspaces to learn and have set the limits generously to allow for this. By using Workspaces you agree to the guidelines here and here.
If you are interested in learning more about Workspaces, please reach out to our team by clicking here.