This article outlines how you can test your learning management system integration (LMS) with Udemy for Business.
Steps on how to integrate the systems below are also available in our Help Center.
How test your LMS integration with Udemy for Business
Once you’ve configured your Udemy for Business and LMS APIs and single sign-on (SSO) you will want to test the integration between Udemy for Business and the LMS. It is recommended that you first launch Udemy for Business SSO directly, then test the course search and launch from LMS, and finally validate the user progress synchronizations.
- From your browser, navigate to your Udemy for Business site (e.g., https://mydomain.udemy.com).
- Using SSO via your LMS environment, log in to Udemy for Business. You should be automatically redirected back to your Udemy for Business site after authenticating on your LMS environment.
Note that you will be automatically redirected to your Udemy for Business Site if Forced SSO is enabled (step 7 in the Enabling Single Sign-On section above). If Optional SSO is enabled instead, you will need to click Continue with SSO from the Udemy for Business login page.
- Now, log in to your LMS environment and search for a Udemy for Business course.
- Launch the Course into Udemy for Business. Observe how you’re automatically redirected to your Udemy for Business site and access the course landing page.
- From the course landing page, select Enroll Now to begin the Course.
The “Enroll Now” option is only presented the first time you access the Udemy for Business course.
- As you progress through your Udemy for Business course, you can check your LMS environment and observe the Training Progress automatically synchronize with your LMS transcript (this may take up to 24 hours).
If you encounter any issues or need help with Udemy for Business SSO or LMS/LXP Configuration, please contact our support team by clicking here.