This article outlines how learners can interact with Workspaces in Udemy for Business courses.
What is Workspaces?
Workspaces is a new feature that helps learners become more proficient by engaging in real world, hands-on activities designed by top instructors. Workspaces are provided for you to get hands-on learning while you take the course.
Currently, Workspaces is in beta and available to a limited number of users and courses.
Which Udemy for Business courses on Data Science have Workspaces?
Workspaces is currently available in the following courses:
- 2021 Complete Python Bootcamp: From Zero to Hero in Python
- Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R
- Python A-Z™: Python For Data Science With Real Exercises!
- R Programming for Statistics and Data Science 2021
How to access Workspaces
Users who have access to the Workspaces beta can follow the steps below:
- Click on the Workspaces tab in the course player. NOTE: The Workspaces tab is only available in the courses above.
- Click Launch to open the Data Science Workspace. This will open R Studio or Jupyter Notebook.
- In R Studio or Jupyter Notebook, you can practice your skills while following along the course.
- Share any comments or feedback by clicking Leave Feedback.
We want you to use the Workspaces to learn and have set the limits to provide sufficient opportunity to practice. By using Workspaces you agree to the guidelines here.
Please note the following items when using Workspaces:
Do not add private and sensitive information: do not put any private company information (such as proprietary code) or any sensitive information (such as passwords) into the Workspaces.
Workspaces have 3-hour sessions: at the end of the 3-hour session, any running resources may be stopped, but you can resume your session, start up your resources, and continue working. Please note that any data recently entered may not be saved.
Workspaces will expire in approximately 4 weeks after launch: after 4 weeks time, the Workspace may be terminated when the limit is reached.
If you are interested in learning more about Workspaces, please reach out to our support team.