This article outlines how you can configure single sign-on (SSO) for the learning management system your organization uses.
To enable SSO with your specific Identity Provider System (e.g., Okta, Azure, AD FS, OneLogin), please visit the support page here.
You can download the Udemy For Business SSO metadata from the articles above, or from this link.
Steps on how to integrate the learning management systems below, with Udemy for Business are also available in our Help Center.
How to configure SSO for an LMS
The general procedure for configuring SSO with an LMS (i.e., custom) is outlined below.
1. After you’ve enabled embedded SSO on your LMS environment, log in as an Admin to your Udemy for Business Web App.
2. Navigate to Manage | Settings (top right menu).
3. From the left pane, select Single Sign-On (SSO).
4. Click Start setup, and select Custom.
5. Optionally, give the SSO Connection a Name (e.g., CSOD OSSO).
6. Click Select file and import the Metadata file you received from Cornerstone. Observe the parsed CSOD SSO Configuration. Verify that all parameters are correct for your CSOD environment.
7. Click Optional settings and select Login via SSO Provider only to enable Forced SSO. This setting configures Udemy to redirect authentication via CSOD. You can keep this setting unchecked until you’ve tested the SSO Configuration. Once you deploy to production, it is recommended that you enable Forced SSO for optimal user experience. The remaining SSO Optional settings don’t need to be configured.
8. Click Save. A green banner will display in the lower right if the settings are successfully applied. In the SSO Configuration page, validate your CSOD OSSO settings.
Your SSO Configuration is complete!