If you want to watch your Udemy for Business courses on the television, you can do so by casting the course videos from our mobile app to a Chromecast or Apple TV device.
You can download the Udemy for Business mobile app by clicking here.
How to Cast Videos With an iOS Mobile Device
To cast your course videos to the television, via your iOS and Apple TV device, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure the mobile device you're using is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV device and an AirPlay streaming icon will appear.
2. Tap the monitor icon, select Apple TV and a dialog with available devices will appear.
3. The video will start buffering and playing on your Apple TV device.
4. While streaming to your Apple TV device the AirPlay icon will turn blue. If you wish to disconnect, simply tap the icon again and select iPhone.
How to Cast Courses With an Android Mobile Device
To cast videos to a Chromecast-compatible screen please follow these steps:
1. Please be sure the mobile device you're using to cast is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device, or a Smart-TV with Chromecast, so that the casting icon appears.
2. Tap the Chromecast icon to choose the device you wish to cast to.
3. The screen will notify you when your device is connected and streaming to Chromecast.
4. To see additional details of the cast, tap the Chromecast icon.
5. If you wish to enlarge the view tap on the image.
6. To stop casting the course, tap the Chromecast icon again and select Stop Casting.
Udemy for Business features 3,000+ top-rated courses for you to learn new skills anytime, anywhere. From software development, IT, design, leadership to communication skills, the Udemy for Business mobile app puts the freshest, most in-demand content in your hands. Upskill your talents and learn from highly respected real-world practitioners, thought leaders, and experts from around the world.
*A Udemy for Business license is required to access the app.
- Stream course videos, listen to audio lectures and view course materials
- Discover and search for relevant content
- View archived or favorite courses with just a few taps
- Optimal learning with the ability to take quizzes or practice exams on your phone
- Download and watch lessons offline
- Download Quality: Select the video resolution for the offline content and manage the file size to be downloaded
- Set your own pace and choose different speed options
- Interact with instructors through our Q&A feature
- Mini Player: Multi-task while learning
- Background Player: Listen to course lectures in the background
- Chromecast or stream on Apple TV through Airplay: Project your favorite courses on the TV
Please note that the Udemy for Business app is distinct, and Udemy for Business accounts cannot be accessed via the Udemy.com mobile app.
Deleting Saved Lectures on the iOS App
If you’ve saved lectures for offline viewing on the Udemy for Business iOS app, you can delete them from your device in several ways.
Delete a Single Saved Lecture
If you wish to delete a single lecture from your iOS device, please follow these steps:
1. On the Course Curriculum, if the lecture has been downloaded for offline viewing, then the download icon to the right of the lecture title will be blue.
2. Tap on the download icon.
3. Tap Remove Download at the bottom of the screen to remove the lecture.
Delete an Entire Saved Course
If you have saved an entire course for offline viewing, you can remove it from your iOS device by doing the following:
1. From the Course Curriculum, tap on the download icon that appears under the course title.
2. Tap Remove Downloads to delete the downloaded content from your device.
You can also delete downloaded courses from your device by tapping More on the course curriculum page, and then the Download Course toggle. The option to Remove Downloads will appear.
Deleting Offline Ready Content From The Account Page
You can also delete all the lectures you’ve saved from the Settings screen. To do so, follow these steps below:
- On the My Courses screen, tap on the Account icon at the bottom right.
- Tap Downloaded Content.
- Select the content you wish to delete by tapping on Remove.
Deleting Saved Lectures on the Android App
If you’ve saved lectures for offline viewing on the Udemy for Business Android app, you can delete them from your device in the following ways.
If you wish to delete a single lecture from your Android device, please follow these steps:
1. From the Course Curriculum, tap on the blue download button, which appears beside lectures that have been saved for offline viewing.
2. Lecture is no longer available offline will appear
- From the Course Curriculum, select the course options ellipses at the top right, and then tap Delete Offline Content.
You can also delete all the offline content at once, by heading to the System Settings > Application Manager > Udemy, and choose the Clear Cache option (please note: these settings may vary depending on the Android OS and device model). After clearing the cache, you will have to log back into the Udemy app.
Please remember that the Udemy app design can vary, depending on the device and model that is being used. If you have any additional questions regarding how to delete saved lectures from the Udemy app, please contact support.
If you plan on being disconnected from the internet, entire courses, course sections, and course lectures can be saved for offline viewing via our mobile app. Please note, however, that practice activities like quizzes and practice tests, etc. cannot be downloaded and completed offline.
Saving Courses for Offline Viewing on iOS
1. Select the course you want to download from My Courses
2. On the course curriculum page, tap the download icon that appears under the course title
3. Tap Download Course
If you want to download just a specific lecture or section to your iOS device, tap the download icon that appears beside the corresponding lecture or section title.
You can also tap More on the course curriculum page, and then toggle the Download Course option.
Saving Courses for Offline Viewing on Android
1. Select the course you want to download from My Courses
2. Tap the ellipses in the upper right hand corner while viewing a lecture
3. Next, tap Download Course
If you want to download just a specific lecture or section to your Android device, tap the download icon next to the section or lecture title. Once the download is complete, the cloud icon will turn blue.
Please note: how much storage the course requires on your device varies depending on the course. You can save storage by changing the quality of the video download in Account and changing the video download quality.